- This event has passed.
Get your hands (& feet) dirty – Winemaker for a day!
March 26, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$50
WINEMAKER FOR A DAY!
Bent Road Winery, Ballandean.
As some of you already know, I’m a winemaker at Bent Road Winery on the Granite Belt.
We’re about to start picking our Shiraz and we thought it would be a great opportunity to invite you all down for a day (or weekend) to get involved!
There will be a few opportunities, so check the calendar for a date that works for you.
ON THE DAY
– Leave Brisbane.
– Unless you come down Friday night, then you get to sleep in!
– Meet at the Vineyard ~ 9:30am
– Coffee and Baked Goods
– Meet n Greet
– Intro to Picking
– Get to work!!
– Hopefully have a couple of bins picked by midday!
– Retire to the Church for lunch & wine tasting
– Featuring local bread, cheese & cold cuts
– With Bent Road and La Petite Mort wines
– Winery Tour & wine-making overview
– Processing the grapes
– Traditional stomping – by foot!!
– Optional swim in the river to rinse off
– On the road by ~4:30pm for those who need to be back in Brisvegas for dinner.
Ballandean is just under 3 hours from the Brisbane CBD.
We’ll leave the logistics up to you – whether you want to drive yourselves down, car-pool or organise a minibus is up to you. (Talk among yourselves.)
I would recommend booking some accommodation and making a weekend of it. Talk to our friends at “Sancerre Estate” or “Vineyard Cottages”. (If you come down on the Friday night, you can spare yourself the 6AM start!) For the designated drivers, we’ll do wine tasting with lunch so you’ll be able to partake and then have a few hours to be safe before you need to drive home. Spittoons will also be on hand so you don’t have to swallow everything you taste! (We’ll even show you how to use them!)
We will let you know the exact meeting location closer to the time depending on what vineyard we’re picking that day.
WHAT TO BRING
– We’ll be outside for some of the day so the usual hats, sunglasses & sunscreen is a must. – I would recommend a light, long-sleeved top and long pants. – Light weight gardening gloves are also handy.
– Sturdy, closed in footwear is essential in the vineyard.
– Don’t forget shorts/toggs for stomping and swimming.
NB. Shiraz grapes are red & sticky, so don’t wear your Sunday best!
We ask a contribution of $50 per head to cover coffee & baked goods for morning tea and a spread of local bread, cold meats, cheese and salads for lunch + ample Bent Road and La Petite Mort wines to taste.
If you need to know anything else or if you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to post a comment or send me a message. You can also email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bent Road Winery & La Petite Mort